Friday, September 21, 2012

Ellen Baker, I Gave My Heart to Know This



Best-selling author Ellen Baker will present a talk about writing her novel I Gave My Heart to Know This (Random House, 2011), set in Superior, on Monday, October 1, at 6:30 p.m. The novel draws from Ms. Baker's historical research about women who worked in Superior's ship building industry as welders during World War II. The novel has been widely praised, with novelist Elizabeth Berg writing, "I really loved reading this powerful and poignant book." Baker's first novel, Keeping the House, has been a popular book club selection, and I Gave My Heart to Know This is proving to have similar appeal. More than 130 people attended Ms. Baker's appearance at the Superior Public Library last fall, and since then she has toured the East coast where she now lives. Baker, who grew up in Superior, is returning to the area for a few days and will also be teaching a writers workshop at UWS. You can learn more about her books from her webpage: http://www.ellenbakernovels.com.

No comments: